We are in need of a culinary professional to join our team at the Doubletree Grand Rapids. If you have a few years of cooking experience and are looking for a great place to work with wonderful benefits - please apply. Some responsibilities include:
Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control size.
Keeps all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean and in proper working condition.
Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Keep floor dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.