As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to menus, recipes and planned residents or guests. You will take on a rewarding position with an innovative company where hard work pays off and advancement is always a possibility. Oh, and we offer competitive pay in an excellent work environment, if we do say so ourselves. And we do.
Required Experience for Cook:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 3-5 years prior experience in food preparation in a full-service restaurant and/or in an institutional setting preferred.
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and other qualifications may be considered.
- Must successfully acquire the Skill Understanding the Importance of Safe Food Handling WRC- DS-I170 Basic Food Safety through the Learning Center within two weeks of hire.
- Maintain food safety education and certification requirements per local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Good communication skills are required.
Primary Responsibilities for Cook:
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests and employees.
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard recipes.
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions.
- Assist other kitchen staff as needed. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures that enough food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicates with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensures freshness, cooking status and proper seasoning of all foods served.
- Stocks and cleans station for next shift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Follows proper food rotation policies.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude which supports a team environment.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
- Knowledgeable of the resident rights, and ensures an atmosphere which allows for privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management and security.
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag.
- Maintain a positive attitude which supports team performance and productivity.
General Working Conditions:
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires employee to effectively present information in one-on-one an small group situations with residents, guests, and other associates. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. Employee must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
For over 37 years, our senior living communities have served seniors and their families across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and Tennessee, with each location offering unique services including independent, enhanced, and assisted living, as well as memory care and rehabilitation and skilled nursing. Through forming authentic connections and committing to creating the absolute best experiences each day for our residents and their families, we’ve created a special culture within our communities that allows our employees to do their best work and our residents to shine every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
If you love serving others, and are looking for an opportunity to thrive, CommonSail Investment Group and our businesses is your destination.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer