Reports to the Executive Chef, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items in Concessions stands or Kitchen, in accordance with the Company's Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Must have good customer service skills and the ability to develop an understanding of what locations needs are for their events.
* Must follow all SAVOR policies and procedures along with local Food Service Health Codes.
* Must be available for events that they are scheduled for
* Must perform other duties as needed
Ideal Candidates must have good verbal communication skills and a professional demeanor. Must be able to follow directions both written and verbal. Must be able to prepare, measure and portion food items properly. Work in a high pace kitchen during events with other Culinary staff or in Staands with other staff.
Education and/or Experience
* Must have 1 year of Culinary experience (This includes fast food kitchen work, small restaurant or other food based experience)
Skills and Abilities
* Ensure that proper food temperatures are maintained
* Food is stored and labeled properly to ensure freshness and good quality of all menu items served
* Must be able to perform opening, event and closing duties.
* Basic math skills
* Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with all staff in Kitchen and managers
* Ability to work effectively with others
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment
* May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
* May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
* Ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
* Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
* Ability to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 pounds
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Van Andel Arena
130 Fulton West
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 616-742-6385.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled