The fun, happy vibes at Flower Child start with our team. We’re looking for people who bring positivity to everything they do. We believe that healthy food makes happy people. We serve simple, quality ingredients that are responsibly grown and humanely raised; our organic produce is guided by the Dirty Dozen list, and we make it easy to eat vegetarian, vegan, and/or gluten-free. If you believe good food has the power to help people feel good and you aren’t afraid of putting in the work to make sure it tastes great– then hit us up! Join the Flower Child team and your workplace will be your new happy place.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare amazing creations from scratch following our recipes to produce consistent results
- Know and comply consistently with standard cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen practices
- Cook a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Portion all the products, follow the recipes, and always make sure the plate presentation looks great
- Keep it clean! Follow the sanitization standards, make sure your work station stays clean and organized, and follow all of the food handling standards
You need to be:
Someone that has a minimum of two years of experience in a kitchen preparing and cooking food, and six months in a position similar to this. You thrive in a fast-paced, loud environment and can stand for up to nine hours. You have no problem bending, squatting and lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. You speak, read and understand English and are available to work on holidays and/or weekends.
KEEPING YOU SAFE:
We know the restaurant industry is in an uncertain state and we need to provide our team with a safe and reliable workplace. We want our team to know that their safety is our top priority. We are committed to the highest levels of safety and sanitation in our restaurants.
Some of our COVID precautions include:
Daily wellness and temperature checks for all employees
Flower Child will provide each employee with a face mask
Handwashing and Sanitation of restaurant surfaces every 30 minutes
Why Flower Child?
Healthy Food for a Happy World!
A Safe and Reliable Workplace
A Fun and Professional Group of Teammates
Build Your Restaurant Skills
Great Earnings Potential
Opportunity for Growth
Dining Discount at all Fox Restaurant Concepts Locations (35% off)
Medical Benefits Available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required