Prepping and assembling food orders according to the Executive Chef's set standards.
Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen clean before, during and after restaurant operating hours.
- Maintains high standard of personal appearance and personal hygiene at all times.
- Ensures all food products are stocked and stored in proper temperatures and correct manner.
- Keep the kitchen and the food products in an organize manner to ensure the safety of food.
- Ensures security of food stocks in kitchen by observing control and inventory procedures.
- Constantly review standard recipes and operating procedures.
- Ensures that all guest orders and related requests are carried out as specified by server and guest.
- In the absence of guests, maximize his/ her work shift by consciously finding activities that will help maintain the standards of the kitchen, and help upkeep the hygiene and general look of the restaurant/kitchen.
- Ensure that the company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- Take necessary steps in the event of theft, burglary or fire
- Adhere the resort's personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Carry out other tasks and special projects as assigned by his/ her superiors.
- Ensure that reports and administration requirements are timely submitted such as inventory sheets and spoilage reports.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Regularly participate with on-the-job trainings as conducted by his/ her superior or trainer.
- Handle side duties as assigned by his/ her superiors on a daily basis.
- Be able to work at a fast pace to execute tasks in a quick and consistent manner.
Required knowledge/skills/job qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous experience as a line cook of a food and beverage establishment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Food and Beverage cooking policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to use a knife and different cuts.
- Knowledge of basic grilling procedure.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Familiarity with the Aloha Kitchen Display System (KDS) preferred.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and holidays 365 days a year.
- Line Cooks must be able to work outside in Pool Bar Kitchen 365 days a year.
Education and formal training:
- A Line Cook must have a High School diploma, GED.
- Food Safety Certified Preferred.
- 6 months of Culinary experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations preferred.
- Experience with general knowledge of resort operation preferred.