Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Sydney, Toronto, Washington, DC, and Las Vegas (Noodle Bar, Ssäm Bar, Ko, Má Pêche, Seiobo, Noodle Bar Toronto, Daisho, Shoto, Fuku, Fuku+, CCDC, Nishi, Las Vegas, Fuku Wall St), a bakery established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi (Milk Bar), and a bar (Nikai). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
The Momofuku Line Cook will be at the front lines, carrying out new developing recipes and menu items as set by the Chef. You will be responsible for presenting new dishes with precision and quality that meet our Momofuku company standards. Tasked with mastering the stations, you will also be accountable for cleanliness and, food and equipment safety knowledge.
- Executing menu items from start to finish. This including but not limited to preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items.
- Working with seasonal ingredients
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Working collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.