The new Four Points by Sheraton is opening on 36 Street off the Palmetto and we need the following positions to add to our wonderful staff:
Line Cook Lead & Line Cook/Prep
The Line Cook /Prep we are seeking to add to our fantastic team a high energy individual who loves to prepare and create food into consistent dishes with quality and presentation that surprise our guests of how fresh, tasty, and appetizing it looks.
He or she will also make sure that the correct ingredients will be prepared in advance in a safe and sanitized environment that adheres to handling items in the proper temperatures, storing items in the proper levels, containers, and practicing 'first in, first out' methods, labeling properly, using hand washing practices as well as gloves and proper protection and culinary skills when utilizing cutting ware. Also, utilizing proper recipes and portions all in a timely manner and to company standards to impress our guests.
This candidate can move in the kitchen swiftly, pick up the rhythm of the process fast, and smoothly execute orders for the restaurant. Being organized, detailed, and maintaining cleanliness throughout the shift is important. Someone that doesn't cut corners but goes above and beyond. Listening skills and heightened awareness is keen as well as multi functioning abilities.
Exposure and knowledgeable of burners, ovens, grill, flat top, and fryer to create breakfast, lunch, and dinner items is imperative. Menu items can be anything from eggs cooked to order and other breakfast items, poultry and steaks, burgers, sandwiches, sides and appetizers, salads, soups and sauces, and desserts. They are open and able to jump in or help other team members in other positions such as dish washing. This person has a positive attitude, can take direction well, and get along with all the team members.
Above all enjoy working, serving guests, and have fun while creating a happy environment and professional culture to ultimately make our hotel guests the most memorable dining experience during their stay.
Line Cook Lead includes the above description as well asbeing member of the Food & Beverage Team who is responsible for guiding, setting examples, overseeing the kitchen team. An individual that can solve kitchen issues as well as guest concerns. Someone with leadership qualities ensuring consistent quality items and who follows Hilton branded specifications as well as company Standard Operating Procedures and Food Safety procedures. This individual is required to be detailed oriented, guest focused, and must work well in a team environment and enjoys serving customers in a positive, friendly and courteous manner.
Work Experience Requirements
1. Bilingual .Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
4. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
5. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
6. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
7. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
8. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
Education / Skill Requirements
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- 2 years of previous line experience preferred.
- Must be willing and capable of passing Food Handler Certification during the first three months of employment
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction.