Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
The Line Cook follows predetermined menus to prepare meals and food items for customers in batch or single orders, may supervise junior level cooks, specializes in the preparation/cooking of cold food items, ensures proper food portions, and may assist in the food preparation process.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Prepare food items in bulk or to order.
- May assist in the food preparation process to speed up production.
- Prepare meals and food items to customer specifications as applicable.
- Follow all food handling procedures and regulations.
- Ensure proper food portions and quality of food items.
- Ability to follow and comply with recipes.
- Maintain a clear work area.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Encourage repeat business by providing quality meals and food items.
- Eliminate waste wherever possible.
- Accurately record production amounts throughout the meal.
- Pre-cost menus upon request.
- Post-cost menu upon completion of meal.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- May supervise junior level cooks or other kitchen staff.
- Ability to create cost-effective and customer-driven menus.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.FOOD AND BEVERAGE