- Manage and run production lines
- Insure spec guidelines are followed, log and report any discrepancies
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing
specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Actively cook/prep/assemble where needed.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for
cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a
smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers,
fryers, pasta cookers, saute burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauteing or other cooking methods by
portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists
others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine/Kitchen Manager or
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in