Are you interested in joining a fun and enthusiastic work place? Do you like receiving bonuses for delivering exceptional service? Would you like to receive complimentary meals and downtown parking privileges? If you answered YES to all these questions then you should consider joining the StepStone Hospitality team at the DoubleTree by Hilton-Nashville Downtown!!
To ensure food is cooked in accordance with established standards in order to provide optimal customer service.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control size.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Keep floor dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
Any combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
Training and Experience:
Cooking experience required.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Additional language ability preferred.