Job Title: Line Cook
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Cook 3
The Line Cook has responsibility for meal preparation and assigned kitchen duties. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends and holidays.
- Plan and prepare various food items and meals for hotel restaurant and catering functions, following proper food handling and safety guidelines.
- Understand food cost and portion control without sacrificing quality.
- Assist with quality and presentation issues, cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and the restaurant when necessary.
- Accommodate guests’ special requests.
- Maintain clean work area, practicing “clean as you go” policy.:
- Assist with inventory, ordering and receiving of all Food & Beverage items as directed.
- Assist with any reports as required (inventory, food costs, beverage costs, etc. )
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area.
- Coordinate catering reservations and Food preparation with Sales Department and assure guest satisfaction. Follow up on menu items and cost any special menu requests.
- Assist with training and monitoring kitchen personnel in the performance of their duties as necessary.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills, and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum one year hospitality or restaurant food service experience required.
· Able to work with little or no supervision.
· Read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.