The Line Cook will work in every area of the kitchen to achieve quality preparation, presentation, and service of the menu items.
To give heartfelt hospitality that cultivates meaningful relationships. Our purpose is to make people H.A.P.P.I.
Global home furnishings retailer Crate and Barrel and Chicago based?Cornerstone Restaurant Group have partnered?together to?open a chef-inspired restaurant Crate and Barrel’s Oakbrook Center store in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Award-winning/James Beard Nominee Chef Bill Kim will be heading up the kitchen. The all-day cafe will be casual yet elegant - a true reflection of the Crate and Barrel brand. In addition to high-quality food and a modern menu, the restaurant will offer a welcoming atmosphere that showcases Crate and Barrel products and style and inspires customers in their own entertaining endeavors. Check us out: www.TABLEATCRATE.com
- Great Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Free Employee Meals
- Full/Part-Time Flexible Schedules
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
- Perform many basic tasks of food preparation and organization in the kitchen.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen staff.
- Report to duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform.
- Run the line during the service, ensuring that the highest standards are met and that communication between all sections and restaurant departments is efficient and polite.
- Produce menu items for service, maintaining high standards to achieve the correct quality, appearance and portion size.
- Monitor the quality and presentation of dishes so that only those, which meet our high standard, are served to our guests.
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning routines and through ongoing diligence during the shift and in set-up and clean down procedures.
- Observe the company’s fire plan and health safety policy.
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
Must have and be able to do the following:
- At least 18 years of age.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of bartender experience.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English comprehensively.
- Have basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- A valid food safety and BASSET certification.