The Line Cook will plan, prep, set-up, and provide quality service in all areas of food production for breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu items and specials in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
- Prepare all menu items according to recipe requirements and adhere to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Read tickets and prepare order.
- Coordinate ticket with service/kitchen staff and managers.
- Work with speed and efficiency to ensure proper and timely output of restaurant menu items.
- Keep updated on recipe changes and ensure proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen area throughout shift.
- Complete assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station. Break down and clean station thoroughly every day.
- Ensure proper rotation of all products to par. Label, day dot, and sign all products. Obtain Chef/Manager signature on all products.
- Must be dressed and well groomed in Company approved uniform at all times.
- Adherence to Company and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
Education/ Experience/ Skills:
- Must be able to pass line cook training and validation
- High school or 1 year similar experience preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate English.
- Local travel required when considered necessary.
- Must be able to walk and stand for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.