Primarily responsible for cooking and preparing food items according to given recipes. Ensure that all food products have been prepared correctly before cooking, plating, and presentation. Execute the menu items in accordance to the designated times given for each item by the Chef de Cuisine and prescribed recipes.
Responsibilities: (To include, but not limited to)
- Interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Prepare all food products according to the prescribed methods and recipes.
- Follow and maintain outlined cook times for all prepared items.
- Maintain the highest level of food quality obtainable.
- Receive and store all products according to local health regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen and work environment.
- Maintain clean and dry floors.
- Clean and organize the walk-in, dry storage and freezer areas on a regular basis.
- Follow all health and safety regulations, including maintaining a current Food Handler’s Certification.
- Follow all restaurant regulations as outlined by Chef de Cuisine and management team.
- Operate and use all kitchen equipment and kitchen tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and utensils necessary for job performance. Report any issues with equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work. Proper uniform should be worn at all times while in work areas.
- Follow proper storage and rotation procedures, as well as sanitation guidelines.
- Label and date all products prepared.
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, as a team.
- Follow management’s instructions and suggestions.
- Respond to verbal requests from other kitchen staff members in a timely and professional manner.
- Able to read and understand tickets, including menu items and modifications.
- Assemble/dismantle work station in a timely manner. Maintain cleanliness of station during shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and understand tickets as they come through.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Properly use a knife and other equipment required to execute necessary tasks.
- Maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification and practice proper sanitation procedures.