Son of a Butcher is a nostalgic slider spot serving up reinvented versions of burgers, shakes and fries. The waffle fries are smothered, and the shakes are down-right crave-able, but the star of the show are the sliders! Try a classic cheese slider or favorite flavors like: PB&J, Burnt Ends and a TX Philly – all are served with 3oz, locally sourced A Bar N Ranch Texas Wagyu beef patties.
As a line cook, you play a vital role in creating a welcoming experience for our guests.
The line cook is responsible for all aspects of their assigned cooking station- station set up, stocking product, prepping, cooking, and presenting dishes according to brand recipes and line builds. Additionally, a line cook maintains a clean, sanitized, and organized work area and is respectful of the equipment, and all tools, utensils, and dish-ware needed to perform duties.
Tips To Succeed
- Maintain high food and service quality standards at all times
- Take responsibility for freshness and quality of all food- from prep to presentation
- Follow opening, restocking, and closing checklists
- Maintain an efficient, organized, safe and sanitary food production environment
- Work efficiently and respectfully with team members
- Stay calm under pressure, maintain a sense of urgency, and keep a positive attitude at all times
- Handle knives, tools and cooking equipment safely
- Desire to learn and develop and be willing cross train into other positions as needed
- Prepare high quality food items to order with urgency, accuracy, and efficiency
- Use proper portion control, follow recipes, and prepare food according to build sheets at all times
- Complete assigned prep list, efficiently run your station and re-stock food as needed
- Prepare and present food with different methods of preparation that looks and tastes outstanding
- Assist in ensuring deliveries are received and stored in a timely manner
- Label, date, and ensure proper rotation of food (FIFO)
- Other functions as assigned by management
- Legal age (18+ years old)
- Food Handler Certification
- Hard working, positive attitude, and can multi-task
- Kitchen experience in high volume restaurant
- MUST have at least 1-year cook experience in a high volume fast casual dining environment.
EOE / E-Verify Employer