The Gourmet Kitchen Catering, a full-service catering company serving Denver Metro and Front Range is looking for an experienced, hardworking individual with a friendly, professional demeanor to join us as a Line Cook. You will also be working on events at our venue in Broomfield: Copper Leaf Gardens and Event Center as BOH Captain.
You should have a passion for food and must be willing to learn. When needed, you must be willing and able to work long hours in a high-pressure work environment. You must have leadership skills and must be able to handle events independently. You must take direction well with no attitude and a great work ethic.
A candidate with a valid driver's license and no DUI, DWAI, sooner than 7 years ago will be preferred because we have off-site orders where you may have to drive to.
Right candidate has the potential of becoming full time in no later than 6 months.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive Catering Van to events
- Assist and Oversee the preparation, portioning, garnishing, presentation and safe storage of food for 1 or more simultaneous catering events
- Maintain high standards of quality, flavor and presentation for all the dishes being prepared
- Ensure that kitchen, equipment and storage facilities are sanitary, neat and organized
- Help ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Other tasks and duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter and can work independently
- Good Organizational Skills
- Proficient with health and safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations
- Good decision making skills
- Finish work on time without sacrificing quality
- Must be creative and resourceful
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: $15+ Hourly