Headway Hospitality, a division of Headway Workforce Solutions, is currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Line Cooks/Prep Cooks for our client in the Raleigh, NC area! As a Line/Prep Cook, you will prepare, portion, and cook food for service. You will also provide excellent customer service while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. This part-time position offers $13.00 per hour. We are looking for individuals to start immediately!
As a Line/Prep Cook, you will:
- Setup and stock station with necessary supplies/inventory
- Prepare food for cooking (chopping vegetables, butchering meat, etc.)
- Cooking menu items quickly and in excellent quality
- Clean up station and properly handle leftover foods
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by management
Requirements of a Line/Prep Cook:
- Consent to a pre-employment background check
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous kitchen experience as a cook preferred
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Why You’ll Love Working with Us:
- Easy to use mobile app for picking up available shifts in your area
- Able to work part-time (some night or weekend shifts may be available)
- Gain experience with different clients in a variety of environments
- Competitive wages offered
- Referral program available – refer your friends and family and earn extra cash!
Physical Requirements as a Line/Prep Cook:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Our client may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see and communicate through speech and listening
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
About Headway: Headway Hospitality specializes in serving up high-quality workers to our clients in the hospitality industry. Through Headway's proprietary recruitment, talent acquisition, and workforce management practices, Headway provides committed hospitality staff throughout the United States. Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedication to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us, please visit www.headwaywfs.com.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits.