Title: Line Cook
Location: House of Blues
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Preparation of food items for service in a high volume restaurant
- Organize and prioritize preparation of food items
- Prepare food according to standardized recipes
- Ensure proper size and weight of food portions
- Coordinate food preparation with other kitchen staff
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift
- Follow standard recipes regarding presentation of food items
- Prepare plate presentation pursuant to standard recipes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment and walk-in cooler
- Ensure that kitchen area, including grill, oven, stoves, etc. remain clean and free of hazards during shift
- Keep floor clean and free of food items, trash, or other obstacles
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Prepare kitchen equipment and set up station for shift
- Ensure proper rotation of all food items, including the lifting/moving of food bins weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Perform all opening and closing duties
- Sanitation and Safety compliance
- Attitude and teamwork
- Adherence to all House of Blues policies
- Assist other Kitchen as needed
- Opening and Closing duties
- Job Skills/Knowledge/Productivity
- Knowledge of high volume kitchen operations
- Ability to inspect food spoilage and proper rotation
- Kitchen sanitation
- Prep work
- Expediting knowledge
- Skills in use of all kitchen equipment
- Ability to follow standardized recipes and plate presentation
- Ability to maintain the pace of a high volume kitchen
- Proper sanitation knowledge
- Kitchen and restaurant operations
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Extreme Heat
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 lbs.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.