We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to the exact Chefâ€™s specifications and to support The Gathering Spot's onsite restaurant. Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the Executive and Sous Chef with their daily restaurant & event prep. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow Executive or Sous Chefâ€™s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industryâ€™s best practices
- Culinary school diploma
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing and cooking food.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
The Gathering Spot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medicalâ€‹â€‹â€‹ condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or â€‹expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR