This position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.
- Prepares and cooks various types of cuisines using various cooking methods.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Maintains par level on all prepared food products.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Meet with Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to members and guests.
- Inform Sous Chef of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Club requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Sous Chef before leaving.
- Organizes and balances work load for food preparation staff.
- Works in a team environment, communicating with and assisting other department staff with food requests and set-up.
- Communicates any problems and/or concerns to the Sous Chef without delay.
- Organizes and cleans walk-in and reach-in storage units and coolers.
- Other duties and assignments as assigned by Sous Chef.
- Must be able to competently read a recipe, use a scale and convert between different measurements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Ability to remain on feet the majority of the workday.
- Ability to operate all kitchen equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area preferred.