Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and some holidays
Assumes other duties as assigned by company management.
Training and Experience
- 1-2 years previous restaurant training and experience preferred. (Actual duties assigned may vary according to amount of previous training, experience, and ability.)
- Sufficient strength and dexterity to handle heavy pots and pans and to operate kitchen equipment.
- Experience with various cooking methods and procedures
- Cooperative attitude in performing a variety of tasks as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Follows all safety and health rules for sanitary food handling and kitchen cleanliness.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions with little to no direction at times
Environment and Physical Demands
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time