Job Description (External Posting)
Old Dominion is currently recruiting for a Line Haul Clerk to join our OD Family Culture. This role will successfully assist the Line Haul staff with daily administrative duties and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
This job will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday from 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
- Answer the telephones in a prompt and courteous manner and provide customer service including scheduling appointments and tracing shipments
- Create freight bills, bills of lading and HazMat paperwork
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets, Line Haul Driver logs, Motor Vehicle Inspection Reports and Violations and reviews for line haul drivers
- Assists Central Dispatch with communication to Line Haul Drivers at the service center
- Organize manifest for Line Haul Drivers and communicate assignments to drivers
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of office and/or operations experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Experience in using handheld computers/scanners
- Experience with AS400 preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee Credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).