Iconic Brands. Storied History. Industry-leading Innovation.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes mattresses, adjustable bases, pillow and other sleep and relaxation products in approximately 100 countries. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, Optimum™ and Stearns & Foster®. Our comprehensive suite of bedding products offers a variety of products to consumers across a broad range of channels.
We recognize that our employees are our most important resource. As such, we strive to treat each individual with respect and courtesy and build an atmosphere characterized by strong teamwork, mutual trust and open communication. We have an immediate need for line loaders at our Medina, Ohio location.
Benefits & Compensation:
* Approximate pay $18-20/hr
* Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance effective at date of hire.
* Company paid Life Insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
* Liberal employee purchase plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for moving raw materials from the storage areas / materials supermarkets and components from the production areas to the work areas. Reads the work orders/production tickets to determine the appropriate materials to pull and move. May use carts to transport materials.
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedures manual, and to comprehend basic instructions.
* Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, lead, co-workers and other personnel.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, both with peers in or outside the maintenance group as well as supervisors/management
* Able to follow set procedures
* Ability to work productively alone or as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
* Safety glasses are required PPE.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled