At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
This is a night shift position - 7PM-7AM - Rotating shfit
Responsible for monitoring grocery lines, and supervising Bag Catchers and Utility persons.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as first line supervisor for Bag Catchers and Utility persons.
- Assign employees to production lines and make sure all machines are running on schedule and at production speed.
- Monitor bags being run, making sure hourly samples are taken in order to inspect quality and catch any defects and unnecessary waste.
- Assist in machine changeovers/order changes and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Clean and repair machines as needed.
- Make sure work in area is done in a safe manner and employees are following all safety procedures.
- Submit accurate production reports daily and timely.
- Make sure employees take breaks, and schedule relief as needed.
- Evaluate employees’ performances, and administer counseling and/or disciplinary action, improvement plans and making sure that recurring problems are brought to the attention of Shift Supervisor or Department Manager.
- Train new employees or assign them to others to train.
- Keep workers supplied with necessary materials.
- Make sure employees keep their work areas clean.
- Refer employees to Human Resources for complaints and/or first step grievances or other issues as they arise.
- Distribute paychecks to subordinates.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management, including food safety.
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years Machine Operator experience
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org