- The Line Mechanic will install, maintain and troubleshoot various production equipment including Un-scrambler, Pacific Rotary Filler, Inline Fillers, Norden Tube Fillers, Resina-Cappers, Label Machines, Inkjet Coders, Conveyors, and Pumps.
- The position requires a sound knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, electric and automation systems.
- Will be performing Preventive Maintenance, Scheduled Maintenance, change overs, equipment rebuilds and support production to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Requires basic fabrication skills and knowledge of shop equipment.
- Must have experience using hand tools and power tools.
- Strong Knowledge of Lock Out/ Tag Out and GMP.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and rebuild Fillers, Cappers, Crimpers, Label M/c, Inkjet Coders, Conveyors, Un-Scramblers, and other packaging machines.
- Perform line change overs and set ups based on production schedule and also updates and validate set up sheets.
- Build transfer lines, connect pumps and perform washout and sanitization of filling system by following company’s standard operating procedures.
- Attend trouble calls and support production to ensure standard quality & efficiency and minimize all down time.
- Perform preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance as per MP2 work orders.
- Reads, interprets the equipment manual, P& I diagram for major repairs and trouble shoots and order parts to maintain the inventory of critical spares.
- Work closely with Engineering team to assist them in Line trials and continually improve the manufacturing process and production equipment.
- Performs minor fabrication jobs based on shop sketch or verbal instruction using power tools and shop equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Five years experience in a liquid filling or manufacturing industry with a strong knowledge of mechanical,pneumatic, hydraulic, automation systems and some basic of electricity.
- Experience in trouble shooting complex machinery/systems and rebuilding various production equipment.
- Good mathematical, reading and visualization skills, good manual dexterity, ability to work well with others while needing minimum supervision.