Department / Division: SDP Plant / Manufacturing
Location: Buena Park, CA
What’s special about this job:
The Line Operator serves in a machine operating capacity ensuring that product is manufactured within departmental/company guidelines; assists in the monitoring of specified packaging lines; responsible for performing periodic quality checks and tagging or disposing of project not meeting quality standards, makes adjustments to machinery under the direction of supervision; assists Filler/Packers and Skid Loaders as needed. Experience with working manufacturing database preferred. Collaboration and communication within the department and others will be required.
Set up, operate, and change over equipment to defined standards.
Monitors line operation under direction from Supervisor and/or assigned Set-up Mechanic.
Makes minor adjustments to equipment during production runs within prior established limits.
Performs and records quality tests and line inspections.
Stocks machine with specified components.
Assists in the cleaning of equipment.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
May perform Skid Loading and/or Filler/Packer duties
May be responsible for disposing of scrap and keeping the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Performs related duties as required.
Personal protective equipment/devices (hearing protectors, safety glasses, etc.) shall be worn by employees exposed to hazardous environments/conditions as required by federal and state regulations and when deemed necessary based on accident statistics or health hazard data. Employees are required to attend training sessions and receive testing as required by federal and state regulations.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, plus one year of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Leadership through working in cross-functional groups to provide solutions to challenges and offer ideas regarding continuous improvement.
- Computer skills- Word, Excel, Outlook, JDEdwards, SharePoint, CAC, and PLM.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities as well as strong communication skills are essential.
Must have a positive attitude, work well with others, be a self-starter, and embrace the Alticor corporate values
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment. Organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs