Due to COVID-19(Coronavirus), we have added additional safety measures when working in our restaurants. Our crew, customers, and families' health and safety is the most important factor when working for Via 313 Pizza, now more than ever.
We are looking for a passionate and professional Line Cook to prepare food to exact specifications and set up menu stations.
Need to Know
- Via 313 named the 2020 Pizzeria of the Year by Pizza Today.
- 10 locations are opening over the next 18 months. Why does this matter to you? Career stability, growth, and development.
On December 8, 2011, two brothers from a hard-working, blue-collar area of Detroit opened Via 313 Pizza out of a small & nondescript trailer on East 6th and Waller with the dream of turning the city of Austin on to a different kind of pizza experience. The pizza at Via 313 is inspired by traditional Detroit-Style pies(Cloverleaf, Buddy's, Loui's, Niki's) and the best traditional pizzas in the region.
A day in the life
A typical day as a Via 313 pizza Line Cook is full of excitement. You will wear many different hats, but your primary responsibilities are to give our customers the best experience possible. You will be prepping and cooking mouth-watering Detroit style pizza that our guests will want to tell a friend about it. You will have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience working as a Line Cook in a bustling, fast-paced restaurant setting.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Via 313 Pizza
- Inspect, clean, and maintain food preparation areas such as equipment, work surfaces, and serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at the correct temperature by regulating the ovens' temperature and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant's standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange and garnish food according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees in meeting guests' needs and supporting the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient procedures.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with the industry's best practices
Because timeliness is such a vital aspect of this job, regular and predictable attendance is required.
Via 313 is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or pregnancy.