Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Line Technicians are responsible for safely operating the downstream equipment and the total packaging of a quality container in accordance with customer and/or site specifications, as well as directing line associates. 2nd and 3rd shift positions are available. Typical hours are 3:50pm-12am and 11:50pm-8am, respectfully.
- Function within an ISO/Team environment effectively.
- Notify production technician, quality technician, and/ or shift leaders of any line problems/ quality issues.
- Operate downstream production equipment (box erectors, case packers, trimmers, and vision systems); including but not limited to: loading/ unloading, fixing jams, starting/ stopping equipment, minor process adjustments, and equipment changeover
- Direct contract labor staffing.
- Follow correct good manufacturing practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Inspect and pack containers into boxes.
- Fold and insert dividers into constructed boxes; set up corrugated trays.
- Palletize and stretch wrap/ band units.
- Perform quality inspections of bottles, boxes, and downstream equipment per: “posted quality behaviors”.
- Grind non-conforming bottles in appropriate grinders, remove labels from bottles.
- Duties and responsibilities may vary and change due to product specifications.
- Relieve co-workers as needed.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Manual dexterity as well as good hand/eye coordination, as determined during the interviewing processes
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication skills
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holiday pay
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program