Overall purpose of the Job
The primary function of the I&E Lead is the management of the department including safety, planning, scheduling, and execution of short term and long term projects, department employees and contractors, and to lead the E&I Department continuous improvement effort.
Reports to Maintenance Manager
Accountable to Maintenance Manager
• Provides leadership with regard to the expectation of safe work practices of all mill employees, and identifying and correcting unsafe acts or procedures through the use of facility safety programs.
• Ensures that reliable instrument and electrical repairs are performed on all plant process equipment safely and efficiently.
• Responsible for the installation, programming, calibration, and preventative maintenance for electrical equipment in order to improve field system operation, improve uptime, and reduce total operating costs
• Troubleshoots, fabricates, modifies, removes, repairs, overhauls, or replaces parts or equipment on instrumentation and electrical systems
• Ensures that the department employees adhere to the existing area equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) program and recommends improvements
• Develop work procedures covering installation, calibration, inspection, repair, replacement, and troubleshooting tasks, in order to maximize production and improve the reliability of the operation
• Provide assistance to other maintenance craft, as qualified
• Cooperate with other employees to solve plant problems and achieve plant goals
• Utilize the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Monitoring System) to document repair notes, review repair history, obtain materials from Stores, etc.
• Provide field instrumentation support for all process equipment. The systems maintained utilize pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and electronic elements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience in industrial environment
• Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
• Good working knowledge of 3 phase motors and distribution, control systems, smart transmitters, and control valves
• Possess a high level of mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Journeyman or Master Electrician with substantial instrumentation experience preferred
• Basic computer skills required for email, online training, and computerized work order system
• High attention to detail
• Prior experience with any of the following a plus: Honeywell Experion DCS, GE Fanuc, AB PLC5, SLC 500, Honeywell DaVinci QCS, GE Rx3i, ABB ACS880, ABB AC800, Rockwell 755T, Oracle EAM, SAP, MS Office
• Highly motivated and able to work independently and with groups
Complexity and Creativity
Maintenance skills are required in order to direct day to day operations and troubleshoot and resolve/repair problems.
Judgment and Decision making
Supervises daily work and scheduling of I&E Technicians, as well as contractors
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off