SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and Intelligence Community. SSI provides instructors, cultural advisors, linguists, interpreters, translators, subject matter experts, advisors, mentors, role players, training support specialists, training delivery officers, intelligence analysts, counterintelligence (CI) specialists, technical support, field technicians, security professionals, logistics specialists, operations coordinators, budget specialists, administrative support specialists, emergency medical technicians (EMT), exercise controllers (EXCON), mission managers, project managers, program managers for a wide variety of mission critical requirements.
This position will be stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The linguist provides language-related services.
- Interpret and translate verbal communications; provide translation services during interviews and meetings; and transcribe and analyze spoken communications.
- Interpret and translate written communications; review and analyze foreign language documents for key information; and prepare documents in English and the target language(s).
- Ensure communications and translations are conveyed and understood in the proper context.
- Observe and analyze culture-specific non-verbal indicators and cues as they relate to written or spoken communications.
- Provide administrative support related to specific areas of assignment.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a linguist (written and spoken communications) is required
- Excellent command of both the English and the target language(s). Demonstrated language proficiency for English and the target language(s) of at least S4 (speaking) and R4 (reading), as classified by the U.S. Department of State's School of Language Studies, or at the Superior level, as classified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). Other equivalent commercial proficiency and testing standards will be accepted if approved by the COR.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties
- All linguists must be capable of performing the following duties, as may be assigned at any time:
oMonitoring (listening to), translating and synopsizing content of real-time oral communications recordings
oTranscribing from storage media, but not limited to audiocassettes, videocassettes or digital media and typing in both the required target language(s) and English
oPreparing typed English translations from other source media
oPerforming quality control reviews of completed work
oValidating the accuracy of completed translations and transcriptions
oInterpreting oral conversations, concurrently/simultaneously
- Experience working overseas and in a high-threat environment
- Experience with U.S. Department of State security operations
- Knowledge of host country culture, traditions, and customs
Mid Atlantic Professionals Inc., DBA/SSI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical disability. The Company is committed to provide reasonable accommodation (including making change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternative format) to qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform a job. To request reasonable accommodation please contact HR Department at Recruitment@groupssi.com or 301-540-8864.0