Title: Linguistic Support - Analyst – Chinese Mandarin
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Pluribus International provides high-quality intelligence and counterintelligence analysis and linguistic support to numerous U.S. military and Intelligence Community customers. Pluribus is currently supporting clients across the country and overseas. We have an opportunity for Chinese Mandarin Crypological Linguists to join our team.
Cryptologic linguists must be able to transcribe audio Chinese Mandarin into written Chinese Mandarin using the traditional script. Must be able to translate written Chinese Mandarin into written English summaries, gists, extracts, and verbatim translations while ensuring the use of grammatically and idiomatically correct American English. Will require the ability to scan and process large amounts of material in target language and identify critical and essential elements of information as defined by the government. The candidate will be responsible for providing input to government counterparts by producing written reports developed from target language material.
Cryptologic linguists shall have a minimum language proficiency rating of 3/3, as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) or an equivalent U.S. government-accepted language test instrument.
All categories of cryptologic linguist shall have a linguistic proficiency of the target language and the specific knowledge, talent, and skills necessary to perform the assigned voice and/or graphic tasks with minimal supervision; an ability to compile and update operational working aids and databases with minimal supervision; a command of the target language as well as excellent verbal and written American English language capabilities (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, spelling) because linguist work products are prepared in both languages.
Security Clearance: TS
Special Access / Access Eligibility: SCI
Polygraph:Ability to successfully complete a Full Scope Polygraph within 12 months of hire.
Bachelors of Arts (BA)/ Bachelors of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language into standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of ten (10) years full-time experience performing cryptologic language processing in the required language,
- In lieu of the Bachelor's Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of fourteen (14) years' experience.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least three (3) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- For no more than three (3) ofthe required ten (10) years' experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- One (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
- Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst Skill Level 3:
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; drafting intelligence reports; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations, and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Previous military, cryptologic, or Signals Intelligence experience, preferably with a duty as a transcriber
- Experience interfacing with multiple clients and commands
- Bachelor’s Degree
Visit www.Pluribusinternational.com for all opportunities.
ABOUT PLURIBUS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION:
Pluribus International Corporation is a small business, based in Alexandria, Virginia, that specializes in high-quality analytical, training, and operational support to Federal Defense, Intelligence, and Law Enforcement customers. Our clients today include the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the Defense Security Service (DSS), the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), and the U.S. Army-Europe Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence (USAREUR G2).
Pluribus International is founded on the principle that honesty and integrity in our actions and dealing with the customers, employees and industry partners is uncompromising. We place quality and excellence above profit and are totally dedicated to our belief that our commitment to our customers and pointed focus on their critical requirements will enable us to provide the highest standards of dedicated service and responsive support to our country's ever-changing requirements. At Pluribus we never seek growth for growth's sake alone. We possess a strong patriotic commitment to perform work that matters to our country.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pluribus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Pluribus will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Pluribus, or (c) consistent with Pluribus’ legal duty to furnish information.