Linux Software Deployment Automation Engineer / Linux Engineer
Maryland, Virginia, DC
**No Third Parties**
**A U.S. Citizenship or a Green card is required by the government contract. No exceptions can be made. **
Job Description: Strategic Technology Partners LLC (STP) has an opportunity for a Linux Software Deployment Automation Engineer. The Linux Software Deployment Automation Engineer will be a member of a team supporting the automation of the software deployment process for a large federal enterprise.
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience scripting automated software installations/configurations is required
- Prior experience with executing automated software deployments is required
- Prior experience with software packaging/deployment tools, such as Tivoli or BigFix is highly desired
- Prior experience scripting API calls to ticketing systems
- Prior experience with software deployment processes and procedures is desired
- Strong Linux or Unix scripting experience using perl, shell or other tools
- Knowledge/familiarity with CM and RM processes and procedures is highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must be able to learn new processes and procedures quickly
- Ability to learn and utilize new tools quickly
Education Requirement: The candidate must have at a minimum a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
Security Requirement: A Department of Treasury Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) is required for this position. Proof of U.S. Citizenship or a Green card is required. No exceptions can be made as this is required by the government contract. Candidates with an active Department of Treasury Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) are preferred.
Location:The position is located in Lanham, MD. Some remote telecommuting will be allowed at the discretion of the customer.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: It is our policy to abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, national origin, genetic information, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources department using the contact form on our home page.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws