Syneren is a place where we value Inclusion, Collaboration and Innovation. If you join our team, you will be part of a vibrant, talented workforce that is actively helping our Federal Government agencies in their modernization and digital transformation efforts. We invite you to apply and explore the opportunity to work together. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our culture, mission and values at https://www.syneren.com/careers.html .
Syneren offers an array of flexible, affordable, competitive benefits including Health and Wellness, 401(k) contributions, paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, referrals, performance incentives, short and long term disability benefits and more.
Job Location: Washington, DC
Customer Organization: Federal Government Agency
Syneren is looking for a Senior RedHat/Linux Engineer to provide Operations Support and leadership for a production operation managing all aspects of operations, including the monitoring, resolution, administration, engineering and cloud migration of a large scale production environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate business and technical knowledge and will mentor and train team members in Linux systems and application administration. This is an important leadership role on the team to ensure the performance and migration of our client’s hosted services, which rely on an infrastructure of Linux (RedHat) and Windows hosts that require 24/7 uptime.
- Provide Linux/RedHat Operations support, Administration and Azure Cloud migration Engineering
- Provide leadership for Operations Support Team of Engineers and Administrators (Linux, Windows, Network, and Oracle)
- Manage Linux and related open source systems (ansible, puppet, RedHat Satellite, apache, mysql, etc.)
- Write and maintain custom scripts, templates, and playbooks.
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications and ensure uptime and website responsiveness
- Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems and system management tools
- Maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
- Maintain documentation of systems and processes.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to roll out and automate configuration and release of builds to production
- Must have Active Secret clearance
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field
- Minimum 10 years of related technical experience, including installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux/RedHat based environments
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Proven scripting skills (linux shell scripts & windows scripts)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Highly Preferred Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- 3 years of experience managing a project supporting both major help desk and network support activities
- Microsoft AZURE certification
- Hands-on experience in Network Management
- Certified CCNA / MCSE
- Hands-on experience in Help Desk Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP certification
About Syneren: Syneren is an award winning, CMMI Level 3 certified, high quality provider of technology solutions for the government as well as commercial sectors. Founded in 2003, we have been broadening our services to cover an array of disciplines, including Hardware and Systems Engineering, Software Development and Testing, IT Systems Support, Cyber Security, Independent Testing and Evaluation and Program Support. Notably our innovative and effective solutions are delivered consistently by a highly qualified staff and management team. Syneren is committed to providing exceptional solutions that meet the client mission needs.
Thank you for your interest in Syneren Technologies Corporation. Syneren Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify #Syneren
Unix Administrator / Engineer