LIQUID BIOPSY ASSOCIATE RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Onsite -Cambridge, MA
The Client's R&D is a science-driven, passionate organization determined to discover, develop and deliver medicines that have the potential to transform the lives of patients and establish new standards of care in areas of high unmet need. Patients' needs and scientific discovery are our driving force. The new Client research site in Cambridge's Kendall Square will position our scientific team in the heart of a vibrant ecosystem of world-class science, innovation and business opportunities. Our scientists will focus on novel targets and pathways for tumors that are refractory to current Immuno-Oncology therapies. These are significant challenges that will require innovative solutions from the biopharma, biotech and academic communities.
Role / Responsibilities:
- We are seeking an associate scientist to join our Translational Research group in our new state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Kendall Square.
- This position will provide an opportunity to develop new analytical approaches to interrogate biomarker of resistance to immunotherapy in liquid milieus.
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting a variety of pre-analytical activities within the liquid biopsy team.
- The role will involve supporting in-process pre-analytical isolation and quality check of extracellular vesicles from plasma and serum samples, delivering results within project timelines, assay harmonization activities and evaluation of new analytical processes.
- The role will provide support within the liquid biopsy team.
- The qualified candidate is a motivated, interactive, and creative individual who possesses the ability to work across a matrixed environment to advance translational research.
- This is a laboratory-based position, which will primarily focus on new technology development, but will also include routine lab work, including sample processing, data acquisition, and analysis.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a strong background in protein purification & analysis, Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays.
- Prior experience in size exclusion and affinity-based chromatography, and experience with is clinical samples is a plus.
- We encourage aspiring scientists who are passionate problem solvers that thrive clinically relevant challenges, to consider this opportunity.
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- A degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
- BS with 1-3 years of post-graduate experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a high throughput lab environment.
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with the emphasis on experience and working knowledge of LC (UV/FL) (including SEC and affinity) and other chromatographic methodologies is preferred.
- Deliver results in line with project and team objectives. Have excellent knowledge and working experience in chromatography systems and Electrophoretic techniques, and immunoassays.
- Familiarity with laboratory inventory management system
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, written and orally, within the team and larger organization.
- Works independently and collaborates with other groups.
- We follow the science, and we will continue to invest in translational medicine research, deepen our understanding of disease biology and uncover insights about predictive biomarkers, with the ultimate goal of making precision medicine a reality for more patients.
This 12+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Karen: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #21-00589
W2 ONLY MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
93,552.00 - 130,527.00 /yearWhat is this?