Established Collin County law firm is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal. We are seeking a self-motivated, intelligent and team-oriented individual. The ideal candidate must possess the following skill set:
- Draft correspondence to potentially responsible parties, attorneys, courts, third parties, etc.
- Possess and maintain up-to-date understanding of Texas state and federal rules of civil procedure and ensure compliance with individual court standing orders and local rules
- Draft, file and serve pleadings (state and federal)
- Docketing and calendaring trial schedules, depositions, inspections and other deadlines
- Prepare initial drafts of discovery to propound and discovery responses, including objections (state and federal)
- Manual and electronic document review
- Prepare hearing, deposition, mediation and trial notebooks and exhibits
- Perform legal research
- Schedule mediations, depositions (including court reporters/videographer), conference calls, etc.
- E-filing in multiple state and federal courts jurisdictions
Experience & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 7 years litigation trial experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) required
- Positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, committed to their work and pro-active
Benefits offered are: 401k plus company contribution, extended vacation/personal leave, great working environment, family-focused firm.
Only qualified candidates with the requisite experience and holding a paralegal certificate will be considered for this position.
Please email resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.