LITIGATION PARALEGAL (TRUSTS AND ESTATES) – Sacramento
One of our firms is seeking an experienced Trusts and Estates Litigation Paralegal to join their Sacramento office. The successful candidate must be able to take direction from multiple attorneys, effectively manage time and assignments, enjoy working as part of a team, and demonstrate a first-class commitment to client service. Under attorney supervision, the litigation paralegal will be expected to carry out the following job duties and responsibilities.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Draft probate and conservatorship documents including petitions and all supporting documents.
- Oversee conservatorship matters and deadlines for filing.
- Prepare asset lists, analyze bank and business records, identify trust and non-trust assets, and identify title and character of
- Prepare court petitions including those relating to trust modification, trust accountings and estate distribution.
- Manage trust and probate administration case matters and deadlines.
- Determine beneficiaries and persons entitled to notice
- Work closely with clients to gather information, customize their documents to their specific needs and coordinate the signing of documents.
- Working knowledge of Probate Court processes including court filings, petitions for instructions, Probate Code Sections 850 petition, petitions to approve accountings, and objections and replies to petitions.
- Familiarity with Probate Code notice requirements and ability to manage calendar notice deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4-15 years of litigation experience specifically in Trusts and Estates.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Superior drafting skills, attention to detail and organizational ability.
- Familiarity with Worldox or similar document management system.
- Communicates effectively with attorneys and legal staff at all levels.
For more information please email your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org