Our firm is a fast-growing personal injury law firm in Canoga Park, we are seeking an experienced, highly motivated paralegal to join our team. Minimum 1 year experience required in personal injury. The ideal candidate is someone who can work efficiently and competently on their own with little supervision.
*1. Assists attorneys with the preparation of responses to discovery, including meeting with clients when necessary.
*2. Assists with preparation of cases for trial. Sends out discovery requests. Monitors compliance with discovery by all parties and prepares motions as appropriate.
*3. Assists attorneys with investigation of cases. Obtains medical, insurance, employment and/or other records/information, through record requests or subpoenas. Assists with the drafting of motions, briefs and other documents.
*4. Communicates with clients, claims adjusters, litigation specialists, attorneys' offices, medical provider offices, police departments, courts and agents to request additional information/documentation as assigned.
*6. Performs legal research at the request of the attorneys.
*7. Contacts clients to help attorneys schedule in-person appointments, answer discovery and arrange for appearances.
* 8. Assists with completion of projects.
* 9. Must have regular predictable attendance.
*10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a paralegal certificate or a minimum of six months experience in drafting discovery documents and discovery responses, summarizing claims files and medical records and interviewing clients
- Experience with e-filing within State and Federal Courts.
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools, including the Internet, Lexis Nexis, and Courtlink.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
All the above accountabilities and activities indicated with an asterisk (*) are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their Supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Litigation Legal Secretary