This position assumes total responsibility for the “physical plant.” Closely monitors, identifies and communicates problems in every phase of general maintenance of the building(s), including areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanic, painting, flooring, patching, general hardware, other minor building repairs and cleanliness. Makes recommendations, performs repairs, replacement maintenance and implements preventive maintenance as established by Company procedures and guidelines. The successful candidate must have an understanding of how these systems function and be capable of performing corrective measures. The individual shall ensure that all these activities are executed in a controlled and proven way that ensures limited or uninterrupted integrity of the MEP systems that support the complex. This includes resetting alarms, operating transfer switches, starting back-up systems, etc. He or she will also be responsible for the supervision of all the buildings operations and manage all service contract providers that support the facilities infrastructure systems.
- Inspects all common rooms (i.e. Residents Lounge, Fitness center, Playroom) for additional attention by porters.
- Inspect lobbies and various hallways for additional attention by porters.
- Inspects grounds/property around buildings for additional attention by porters.
- Checks Desk Logs in Connect and assigns work order to potters and handymen.
- Monitor completion of Work Orders by Handymen as to job performance.
- Insert pricing for parts and/or labor on completed work orders and submits to management Office for close-out and billing.
- Meets with management at the start and end of each day to discuss the day to day operations.
- Submits weekly payroll to management using Employee Time Management module.
- Assist in preparation for and attendance at Board Workshops as requested.
- Assist in preparation for and attendance at Open Board Meetings as requested.
- Approve building staff vacations as per allowance for each.
- First review of all Unit Alteration Agreements followed by review with Property Manager.
- Schedule water/sprinkler system shutdowns as requested by Unit Owners) or contractor their contractors) and coordinate advance notice to affected residents.
- Personally attend to leak investigations with maintenance staff.
- Assist with preparation and conducting of building social events.
- Meet with Residents renting the Residential Lounge and arrange for preparation of space as needed within the guidelines for the sue of the space.
- Supervises, trains, and directs maintenance staff through work orders.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building(s).
- Ensure there is appropriate 24/7/365 coverage and emergency response to infrastructure.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results; coaches, counsels and disciplines employees.
- Monitor staff appearance with respect to uniforms and general appearance.
- Schedules and assigns work responsibilities to employees to meet shift requirements.
- Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair (including evaluating problems to determine whether or not professional assistance or further instruction is needed in order to complete task/repair).
- Monitors the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
- Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies.
- Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
- Completes reports/work orders of repairs (work needed).
- Requests materials, tools, and supplies needed for a job.
- Administrates preventive/reactive maintenance schedule.
- Records and evaluates preventive maintenance activities and programs.
- Analyzing energy consumption and finding ways to reduce usage.
- Respond to any mechanical, medical or police emergencies and assist as necessary.
- Oversees or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Assist property manager with major building projects as needed and attend meetings on same.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- All employees must maintain their assigned areas in a neat and safe manner. All safety procedures must be maintained and adhered to. Any safety issues must be brought to the attention of the Property Manager immediately.
- Supervise all moves, deliveries and check on the status of all unit owner construction, ensuring that everything proceeds smoothly according to the properties Regulations, reporting any damage to common areas immediately to the Property Manager.
- Report to the Property Manager any problems as soon as possible, recording all irregularities on an Incident Report.
- At the beginning and end of each shift, check the Fire Alarm Panel, ensuring that it is fully operational. Report any troubles in writing to the Property Manager immediately.
Required Licenses: Black Seal License, Fire Safety Director License, Driver’s License.
Should have advanced working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and fire suppression systems.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Guardian Service Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Guardian Service Industries is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees.