The Live Video Playback Operator performs ingest and playback functions during live and pre-recorded programs. Traffics video clips according to shows’ rundowns. Edits content as necessary. The operator works closely with directors, technical directors, and producers as well as video editors.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate Tria ingest and playback production server.
- Manage edited video content as it corresponds to the ENPS rundown for live and pre-recorded programs. Accurately label and transfer media between control room and post production.
- Work closely and provide feedback to Director, Technical Director, Producers, and Video Editors to ensure functionality of all graphics content
- Document quality standards, system anomalies, and operational procedures
- Ensure Newsmax technical quality standards are being met
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Three (3) or more years of successful experience in executing video playback in live control room environment
- One (1) or more years of experience with Ross Tria or EVS
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Knowledge of Ross Xpression a plus
- Candidate must exhibit proven success in project planning, organizational skills, and development of a variety of media products (for both Live and taped applications).
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively
- Ability to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and work on deadline
- Solutions-based, team player
- Professional appearance