About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Administers a learning management system (LMS). Collaborates with training and development professionals to deliver responsive programs and content to meet the needs of the organization. Performs regular administrative tasks including user support, troubleshooting, and system updates. Loads, configures, tests, and maintains learning content. Interfaces with the system vendor to resolve issues, enhance functionality, and deploy new features. Designs eLearning courses and curricula for employee skill enhancement that impact the employee development cycle. Key products and services include performance improvement strategies and systematic training assessment to ensure support of business objectives, performance management tools, instructional technology and training, and development programs for targeted populations, educational programs, and performance consulting.
- Responsible for all duties related to administering the learning management system plus eLearning specialist duties such as conducting research, design, development, and implementation of eLearning courses, job aids, and reference materials to meet the developmental objectives of targeted audiences.
- Creates and deploys reporting, onboarding, and compliance surveys to track and measure participation in programs. Account for accurate completion records.
- Conduct system training sessions for end-users, instructors, and other administrators.
- Revise or create learning documentation, aids, and training materials for users.
- Conducts pre and post-training session analysis to determine overall effectiveness of session.
- Tracks, assesses, evaluates and measures effectiveness of all training delivered.
- Monitors team feedback to ensure incorporation of feedback into training programs to maximize ROI
- Conducts organizes and supports new hire orientation and foundational training courses.
- Streamline and automate processes and dashboards; leverage current/future technology
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or
- professional personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20%-50% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Human resources development experience preferred.
- Experience with LMS conversion preferred
- Experience with Workday LMS preferred
- Proficiency in MS Suite preferred (PowerPoint, MS Teams, Yammer, One Note) are preferred
- Proficiency in eLearning software such as Storyline, Rise is preferred