Lead Crew performing transfers of ethanol and other products as directed in compliance with training
provided in accordance with work instructions and government regulations (EPA,
FRA and OSHA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assign job task to crew members
- perform rail car inspections and yard inspections
- schedule and coordinate rail car movements
- schedule and coordinate breaks and lunches for crew.
Lead crew in performing all of the following task.
- Climb onto top and underneath rail cars in order to inspect and seal rail cars using a checklist
- Inspect and seal trailers
- Inspect equipment using checklists
- Check fluid on equipment
- Operate small tractors to move equipment
- Drive golf cart through facility when required
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform structural inspections
- Perform mechanical inspections using checklists
- Perform Level 1 Maintenance on equipment
- Prepare products for transferring, such as connections, sampling and quality control
- Perform all duties safely, effectively and efficiently
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Participate in daily Safety / Quality talks
- Report all incidents and near misses
- Understand and comply with Shipper Confidentiality when discussing Shipper Accounts
- Perform all daily housekeeping duties to include bathrooms, windows, sweeping, mopping, trash pick-up, weed control, painting, drains, cleaning break rooms and work areas
- Comply with cross training as required
- Ask questions concerning product integrity, product shortages or equipment quality
- Other duties as trained and assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
Experience / Specific knowledge:
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend clearly, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to understand and comply with all requirements for any emergency
- Must be able to understand and comply with the Verification Policy, when applicable
- Must have experience using hand tools
- Must have experience performing Maintenance on equipment
Certifications, License, Registrations:
- Must pass and complete Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor), prioritize work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to respond during and after regular business and non-working hours including after dark hours and holidays, for work as may be required.
- Must train in Safety and Hazmat requirements at the facility.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work efficiently and safely to meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally
- Must be able to accept supervision/direction and work effectively & cooperatively with other people
- Basic math skills required.
- Must have the ability to work in all types of conditions, including but not limited to working in the rail yard, working on rail cars, and working in extreme heat and cold.
- Basic competency using Microsoft office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to climb up and down rail cars to a height of up to 20 feet
- Must meet physical requirements, including, but not limited to: consistently lifting / carrying and pulling / pushing weights / forces up to 50 pounds / routinely gripping forces of up to 50 pounds
- Routine walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending and squatting, climbing up / down ladders and stairs, standing, sitting and negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Regularly exposed to outside in adverse weather conditions and also but not limited to: heights in excess of 5 feet, elevated work areas, etc.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, etc. for extended periods of time
Preferred Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills and Abilities
Above the Minimum requirements, Not required but advantageous in this position
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience operating mobile equipment (tractor, golf cart, John Deere tractor, hydraulic fork lift)
- Experience performing Maintenance (includes pumps, valves, mobile equipment)
- Hazmat and rail yard experience
- First Aid / CPR certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.