The Loan Documentation Assistant Manager will assist with planning, directing, organizing and managing the day-to-day operations and of support staff, to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the loan documentation process, while maintaining appropriate levels of customer service, operational efficiencies, and ensuring conformity with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Plan, direct and organize workflow of support staff to ensure most efficient use of resources are appropriately allocated and required deadlines/commitments are routinely met.
- Provide direct reports with proper tools and authority to execute their assigned functions. Develops skills of staff through goal-setting, coaching, problem resolution, delegation, training, counseling, and performance management.
- Assist management and works collaboratively with Human Resources to recommend staffing levels and approves personnel actions such as hiring, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development of staff, timely performance reviews and salary increases, in accordance with legal and acceptable Bank personnel practices.
- Resolve complex problems, issues, or questions to ensure customer satisfaction and to maintain productive relationships with other bank departments.
Work collaboratively with Commercial Banking Support teams to ensure accurate, complete and timely loan document requests and loan document packages and loan funding.
- Analyze and recommend changes to systems and operational procedures to improve the delivery of service as well as maintain compliance with Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development of department training programs for operational systems to include the Administrative and User functions of the LaserPro loan documentation system and processes relating to all lending support applications, to include reviewing release notes to loan documentation systems, interface modules, and testing loan transactions in sandbox. Assist in preparing training materials for staff in all assigned locations on applicable changes, and work with IT to update live database.
- Develop and maintain department operational procedures and job aides, updating and communicating to as changes occur.
- Recommend, develop, and maintain operational systems, processes and written procedures as it relates to commercial, consumer and mortgage loans, and lending support applications.
- Participate in the planning and execution of department team meetings and commercial banking operations and production meetings.
- Participate in operating and project budgets to achieve results within those budgets.
- Generate standard and ad-hoc management reports as requested, and needed.
- Work collaboratively with all office locations to ensure consistency amongst the teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of banking and lending rules and regulations and assures compliance with all bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management – strongly desired. Paralegal certification - strongly preferred.
- 5 years progressively responsible and recent experience in commercial/consumer lending operations, loan documentation, loan servicing and/or compliance, to include a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory and/or management role, within a financial services industry – required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or comparable experience may be considered.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Exhibits professional and effective listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills (group meetings, correspondence, reports and email), with the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong management / leadership skills are required to motivate and develop a high performance work team and monitor workflow and schedules; employee development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are essential and required.
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving, research, process management, attention to detail, organizational, data review and time management skills, with the ability to accurately manage multiple assignments, goals, reporting requests and staffing schedules, ensuring priorities are set and commitments and deadlines are met, with minimal direction and supervision.
- Strong understanding of debit/credit relationships with math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine and non-routine mathematical errors.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of lending operations, servicing, loan documentation, collateral lien perfection, disclosures, title insurance, UCC filing, disbursement procedures, underwriting functions, lending policies, procedures, and terminology related to banking laws and regulations.
- Thoroughly understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies, related to assigned area of oversight, in a multi-state environment,
- Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, acts on opportunities, and recognizes opportunities for and encourages operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Ability to work successfully in a production environment where volume, efficiency, and accuracy are required.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office products, (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Strong knowledge of financial services loan systems and experience utilizing loan documentation systems, specifically LaserPro and loan servicing and client file management applications, i.e., Fiserv/DNA – required.
- Travel may be required to other Bank locations and meeting sites; valid driver’s license and proof of insurance, access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions, and frequent employee and customer contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule and or extended hours, as needed.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports; typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, climbing, kneeling or crouching to file materials and/or conduct site/property inspections.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 20 lbs., files, boxes, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job applicants have certain legal rights. Please click here for information regarding these rights.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com
##Street:14807 Highway 99##