The Loan Documentation Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of basic to moderate loan transactions, including but not limited to preparing and reviewing loan documents, booking and funding loans, and ensuring all loan documents are accurately prepared in accordance with Bank policy/approvals and in compliance with all guidelines and regulatory requirements, while providing exceptional customer service support. Primary focus at this level is commercial loans consisting of 1-3 individuals or an entity and minimal collateral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties/projects may be assigned):
- Reviews loan instructions and required loan documentation for accuracy, enforceability, regulatory and policy compliance.
- Responsible for accurately providing loan documentation, booking, funding and file maintenance of loans in a timely and efficient manner, within required error limits.
- Responsible for accurately perfecting all types of collateral, to include but not limited to: Real Estate Deed of Trusts, Vehicle Titles and UCC Collateral.
- Communicates with internal and external customers/clients to respond to inquiries, resolve problems, minor discrepancies, and obtain additional documents needed to complete the file in a timely manner.
- Disburses loan funds in a timely manner; may require balancing with an escrow company and wiring funds.
- Loads loan data into on-line system via interface and/or manual input; ensures timely and accurate filing with digital imaging.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations governing loan operations and documentation, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the success of the department with willingness to share in all department responsibilities and provide back-up assistance, as required or assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provides an exceptional level of quality service for internal and external customers, and responds to customers' needs, questions and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate outstanding/follow up issues over the phone, in person and via email to a variety of audiences; and the ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Basic knowledge of lending processes, loan principles and terminology related to banking laws and regulations, as they pertain to loan disclosures and requirements.
- General familiarity and understanding of consumer and commercial loan documentation, collateral perfection, title insurance, UCC filing, compliance requirements, lending policies and procedures, and loan/funding terminology.
- Ability to display initiative and independently learn and apply skills to improve errors and overall loan quality.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices including the understanding of debit/credit relationships; math skills to calculate interest, balance accounts and locate routine mathematical errors.
- Effective analytical and research skills, with excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, problem-solving, data review and time management skills; with the ability to manage multiple assignments, and reporting requests ensuring that priorities are set, with the ability to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to work well both independently and collectively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues and make decisions under pressure of time constraints.
- Flexible with and accepting of change in a fast paced environment, with willingness to learn new skills.
- Unquestionable integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information required.
- Working knowledge of office administration practices and procedures.
- Proficient use of MS Office products (Word, Outlook) and retrieval of data, with the ability to adapt to and learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of financial services loan systems and documentation applications. LaserPro – preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent –required. Associates Degree or higher and/or paralegal certification – preferred.
- 1 year recent experience in a support role in the financial or legal services industry – required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, loan processing, documentation, paralegal experience or certifications may be considered.
- Climate controlled office environment.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions and frequent employee contact and interruptions during the day.
- Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule(s) with willingness to work a flexible schedule, extended hours and/or assisting at other locations, as needed.
- Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner and facsimile which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table; intermittently standing, stooping, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Occasional lifting 10 – 30 lbs. (files, boxes, etc.).
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please email: HBRecruiting@HeritageBankNW.com