Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions is pioneering a fresh approach to today’s mortgage lending challenges, offering a breadth of alternative lending products to allow partners to grow their retail business and better serve their customers. A highly entrepreneurial organization that embraces a strong service-based culture, Angel Oak was named a Top 150 Workplace by the Atlanta Journal Constitution the past two years. We are looking for a Underwriting Assistant.
- Handle UW request for the following orders: CDA, credit supplement, transcripts, GAP reports & Written VOE (if needed). Once order is place, please email UW with confirmation
- Request Log: all request should be logged to confirm results are uploaded within appropriate turn times and follow up on items that haven’t been sent back
- GAP & final verbal VOEs: in file or at least requested when closing date is within next 5 days OR it appears majority of conditions are uploaded. Track outstanding VOEs & when closing dates are to confirm all completed minimum of 1 day prior to closing date. If having trouble getting response from employer, reach out to the broker for assistance – final VOE must be verified with main # for employer, but borrower/broker may be able to provide some direction.
- Sorting of conditions: need to be sorted within 3 hrs of receipt (quicker if has capacity). All conditions received each day by 3:00 should be sorted prior to leaving –Please be aware of special request on rush files trying to close. All conditions should be labeled with appropriate header (BOA #1234 Aug-Sept). All new conditions should be flipped to UW resub
- Reply to all emails with 2 hours
- Open communication with AEs & Brokers
- Reach out to brokers who submit conditions multiple times, encourage them to submit all (or at least most) conditions together
- Notify broker that conditions will be reviewed within 48 hrs our receipt. If file is trying to close, notify UW to see if they have capacity and then update the broker
- Appraisal uploads: Upload appraisals to Encompass as received by Novo within 3 hrs of receipt. If UW has conditioned for CDA, please order. If 2nd needed, confirm with underwriter the property/file is ok and 2nd can be ordered. Notify broker that appraisal was received and will be reviewed with 48 hours and any conditions available should be uploaded for review.
- 3+ years processing/underwriting experience in mortgage loans.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to manage difficult conversations to a successful outcome and positive client experience
- Working knowledge of conventional guidelines, as well as, Federal and State compliance requirements.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Ability to manage pipeline daily while meeting monthly production and quality goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.