Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide a high level of service that makes each mortgage run smoothly, consider a career with Bell Bank’s mortgage team.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of the 10th largest privately owned bank in the nation. Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell’s mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Actively expanding, Bell Bank Mortgage has offices not only in the Midwest, but also in several other regions of the country.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune and has been named among America’s top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for an established, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you. Let Bell Bank Mortgage be your destination workplace.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
Under supervision and management of the Loan Officer, this position helps build a team with the goal of growing and expanding the team’s business while ensuring the highest possible level of customer service to the team’s clients.
* Assist Loan Officer in managing new and existing loan volume.
* Assist the Loan Officer with marketing their services.
* Maintain customer database and assist in marketing to previous mortgage customer to increase volume.
* Assist and maintain contact with clients, realtors, builders and others to maintain and deepen relationships to foster new business opportunities.
* Keep informed of the trends and developments in the general real estate industry as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to all 1st mortgage origination.
* Provide high level of assistance to internal and external customers in person and on the phone.
* Review all documents for completeness and compliance with investor requirements.
* Follow up on missing documents.
* Maintain comprehensive understanding of the loan origination process and all functions within the processing and closing departments.
* Ensure adherence to lending compliance requirements and internal procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* Minimum of two years of mortgage banking experience.
* Working knowledge of standard loan products in the industry and familiarity with underwriting guidelines.
* Skills specific to mortgage origination and processing preferred.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to work with Bell systems and procedures.
* Ability to support the loan officer in technology.
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
Bell Bank Mortgage provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Bell Bank Mortgage
Equal Opportunity Employer
Loan Officer (General)