Are You Ready To Take Your Business To The Next Level?
Carrington Mortgage Services is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We are part of Carrington Holding Company, LLC, which owns and operates multiple businesses that cover virtually every aspect of single family residential real estate transactions.
The Loan Officer Trainee III while actively pursuing their Mortgage Origination Officer License from Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within the 30 day required time frame for continuation of employment, the Loan Officer Trainee III, will also be responsible for assisting with all tasks related to quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards and ensuring completeness of submission. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all required online studying, education and testing to pass and receive your Mortgage Origination Officer License from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of date of hire into the Loan Officer Trainee III role.
- Mirror / shadow all Mortgage Lending Division (MLD) job functions, Processing, Operations and Sales.
- Conduct inbound / outbound calls to qualified borrowers to facilitate a warm call transfer to a licensed Loan Officer.
- Organize and input loan information received into the company’s Loan Origination System (LOS) and other related systems as required.
- Assist Loan Officer with new loan set up.
- Scan and copy various documents including tax returns/schedules, bank statements and purchase contracts. Upload into Encompass as needed. Utilize Nautilus to obtain customer records.
- Gather documentation to assist with the prequalification process.
- Assist with obtaining necessary information post application (i.e., credit documents, appraisals, etc.) to process and complete mortgage loan files.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures, and investor guidelines.
- Monitor incoming documents verifying data collected by Loan Officers or agents.
- Review qualifying income documentation from various sources including personal tax returns to ensure it supports information supplied on 1003 prior to submission to underwriting.
- Review property valuations, assets and credit reports.
- Review and validate files for completeness and accuracy.
- Organize files based on investor guidelines.
- Review and package loan submissions for processing/underwriting.
- Assist Loan Officers and Loan Processors regarding conditions needed for approval and final approval.
- Assist with loan scheduling and post-closing conditions.
- Assist departmental support staff when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Extremely high level of organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong skill in the routine use of office machines such as computer, copiers, fax machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle detailed assignments and be self-motivated.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow CMS Mortgage Lending loan protocols.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately, audibly, and quickly.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Ability to multi task to complete various tasks required.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit.
- High level of computer and system competency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) or more years’ experience as a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) at a financial institution within the last 3 months; or one (1) or more years’ experience in loan processing or underwriting within the last 3 months.
- Mortgage industry experience required.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.