Veterans United Home Loans is seeking a Loan Processor to help ensure loan documentation is complete and accurate so that service members can close on their homes on time. As an Loan Processor, you communicate directly with Loan Officers and outside vendors daily to gather all necessary information before submitting the loan file to Underwriting. Loan Processors are responsible for managing a pipeline of multiple loan files at one time to process, so the ability to multi-task is a necessity. A great Account Manager is also self-motivated, has a strong desire to achieve goals, engages in learning new things, and practices positive and productive communication in order to build relationships with teammates. This position will not be originating loans.
- Maintain a pipeline of 40 loans.
- Order all applicable loan documents from outside vendors to review and analyze.
- Communicate regularly with vendors and Loan Officers, responding promptly to inquiries via email and phone.
- Determine if a file is ready to proceed to the Underwriting Department.
- Approve documents for loans that are clear to close.
- Assess loan fees for accuracy.
- Remain knowledgeable on the company and industry guidelines and processes.
Necessary Skills: Excellent time management skills, effective communication skills, ability to multi-task, superior attention to detail, organized, and efficient.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of residential Loan Processing experience.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to changes and shifts in priority.
Veterans United is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer
Loan Processors are responsible for managing a pipeline of multiple files, approving files prior to closing, ordering and reviewing loan documents for accuracy, and staying up to date on VA Loan requirements and guidelines.