Mortgage Access Corp. is hiring a Loan Processor - Residential in their Morris Plains, NJ Office. The Loan Processor is responsible for ensuring assigned loan applications are processed and prepared in a timely manner and meet all regulatory requirements. The position may process conventional, government, or state bond loans, as assigned by management.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reviews newly originated mortgage loan applications for completeness and compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Rates the quality of newly originated loan applications. Provides results to GSM, Regional Sales Manager and certain members of the Operations Management Team.
- Checks each loan package for customer e-Signature acceptance. Contacts GSM if not.
- Orders ancillary services including appraisals, flood certificates and IRS transcripts.
- Indexes loan documentation utilizing the appropriate place holders in the Encompass system.
- Submits loans that pass the Quality Loan Review process directly to the underwriting department.
- Issues Notice of Incompleteness notification to customers whose application is incomplete.
- Processes and prepares loans in a timely manner.
- Makes mandatory calls to borrowers (i.e., welcome and commitment calls).
- Pipeline manages all assigned loans working within stated timelines reflected in real estate sales contracts, as well as management established turnaround timelines.
- Ensures that all loans are cleared and released to the Closing Department no later than five (5) days prior to scheduled closing.
- Collects, reviews and submits acceptable documentation in a timely manner. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and legibility of all documentation.
- Monitors and/or ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations, in addition to Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and integrity in all internal and external interactions with employees and customers.
- Consistently communicates with borrower and GSM via email and telephone to ensure smooth loan processing and that issues are addressed/resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures that investor requirements are met and warehouse lines are protected.
- Ensures that data integrity exists with every transaction.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of conventional, government and state bond loan processing experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Encompass loan origination system preferred
- Thorough understanding of loan processing
- General understanding of all areas of the mortgage industry
- Must be proficient and have a full understanding of RESPA regulations and related compliance knowledge preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
Strong customer service skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.