|Title||Loan Quality Assurance Analyst II|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
The Loan Quality Assurance Analyst II is responsible for assisting the Senior Vice President, Loan Quality Assurance and the Sr. Loan Quality Assurance Analyst in conducting independent reviews of various lending operations business units to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with all lending regulations, departmental procedures, and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Audit loan files to ensure compliance with all applicable lending regulations. This duty is performed monthly, about 20% of the time.
2. Compile data and information for federal and state examinations. This duty is performed as needed, about 25% of the time.
3. Compile data and information for internal audit and compliance reviews. This duty is performed as needed, about 25% of the time.
4. Audit key lending systems to ensure settings are in sync with regulatory requirements. This duty is performed annually, about 30% of the time.
5. Audit loan operational departments to ensure compliance with internal SOX controls. This duty is performed quarterly, about 20% of the time.
6. Draft responses to internal audit and compliance findings. This duty is performed as needed, about 20% of the time.
7. Assist in the development of corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified by internal audit and compliance. This duty is performed as needed, about 25% of the time.
8. Periodic testing of internal controls of various lending operational business units. This duty is performed quarterly, about 20% of the time.
9. Periodic testing of implementation and effectiveness of correction action plans. This duty is performed as needed, about 20% of the time.
10. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
11. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint
Basic: Accounting, Database
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.