Responsible for any and all activities related to the servicing of mortgage and consumer loans to include adherence to all company policies, compliance with federal regulations and investor guidelines.
- Reconciliation of general ledger, contract collection, DDA, and Bancontrol accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service both internally and externally using problem-solving skills to satisfy customer needs and ensure accurate resolution to customer requests.
- Understand and execute FHLMC servicing rules and requirements.
- Understand and execute federal regulations as they relate to HMDA, RESPA, Reg Z and all other mortgage and consumer related regulations.
- Fundamental understanding of all mortgage and consumer servicing functions. Day to day duties to include but are not limited to:
- FHLMC updates, maintenance, daily reports, maturing loan process, quality control review of loan files and coordination with the accounting department to ensure accurate reporting and loan status
- Escrow accounts including insurance and tax payments, annual analysis
- Boarding / Quality Control of mortgage/consumer documents and systems
- Contract Collections documentation requirements and software
- Documentation of collateral / collateral requirements
- System file maintenance to include auto-pay, external ACH, non-posted items, etc.
- Review AML/variable rate changes, past due and maturity daily notices and correct as needed.
- Vault tracking including collateral files, pending items, pay-off processing, etc.
- Project friendliness and professionalism in both appearance and attitude when dealing with customers in order to present a positive Riverview image.
- Support management team as it relates to identifying mortgage team training needs and providing additional support to staff as needed.
- Participate in and complete training objectives with passing scores.
- Follow all Riverview Community Bank policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Daily contact with the Supervisor and/or Manager to receive direction and interpretation of existing and new procedures.
- Daily contact with loan officers, mortgage processors, and other Loan Servicing personnel to provide information and assistance.
- Occasional contact with representatives of businesses who provide necessary confirmation, documentation, etc., of various types of loan related information (i.e., appraisers, title and credit companies, real estate agencies, and various government agencies).
To perform this job successfully requires a higher level of independent problem solving to perform all essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to complete advanced daily responsibilities and tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three or more years related experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of mortgage loans the servicing and support of mortgage and consumer based loans.
- Full understanding of software applications to include but not limited to: LaserPro, D+H Host, and other in-house software and Internet based applications
- Basic to intermediate knowledge in Excel, Word, and Outlook applications.
- Ability to understand components of loan operations programs/software such as core, insurance tracking, contract collections, etc.
- Basic to Advanced knowledge of technical applications such as: computers, documentation requirements, regulations, analysis, etc.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance required to accomplish goals and standards within quality and time standards.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique situations.
- Ability to present standard information in a professional and clear manner.
- Ability to follow a variety of instructions furnished in a written and/or oral manner
- Ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, safety rules and company manuals.
- Ability to write basic correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, ratios, fractions. and apply basic to intermediate accounting practices/standards.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms in accessing files. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. In handling files, manuals and other printed materials; the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in working with computers and documents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock in working with standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In supporting the accomplishment of company and departmental goals, it is the employee's responsibility to do all that is necessary to provide quality service to customers and fellow employees while furthering the positive image and interests of Riverview Community Bank. It is also the employee's responsibility to continually strive to maximize personal growth.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement